Welcome to Hounsfield Surgery Online
Hounsfield Surgery serves the whole of Sutton-on-Trent as well as its surrounding villages. Our team includes two GPs, one Nurse, one Health Care Support Nurse as well as our practice manager, reception, administration and dispensing staff.
We offer a full general practice service and run specialist clinics for children and pregnant women, diabetes and asthma sufferers and for patients needing minor surgery. We also offer an on-site dispensing service.
At Hounsfield Surgery, we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence.
This website is for both existing patients and those considering registering with us. It tells you about our services, how to access them and some general information about how our practice operates.
If you live in our practice area and would like to register with us, please complete one of our registration forms and health questionnaire, which are both available from our reception.
Care Quality Commission
We were inspected by the Care Quality Commission on the 29th July 2015 and receive an overall good rating across all areas of care. Further information can be found on their website here
Policies on access to records
You can find our policy regarding Patient access to their GP Record, Summary Care Record and GP2GP Record Transfer here.
Friends and Family Test
The Quality of the service that the practice provides is now monitored by using a simple survey called the Friends and Family Test which we would appreciate it if you could complete here.
Online Booking for Registered Patients
To use SystmOnline you will need to come into the Surgery in person and request a Username and Password.
SystmOnline will allow you to;
- View future and past appointment that you have with the surgery
- Request your repeat medication
- Book and cancel appointments
- Change your contact details - When changing your address you will need to provide us with the necessary documents before any changes can made to your record (A utility bill with your name and address showing that is dated within the last 3 months)
- Questionnaires - any questionnaires that the practice is using will be available here
- From March 2016 we will also be rolling out more detailed access to records for patients who desire this in keeping with NHS England's Patient Online initiative. Pilot schemes suggest that this is desired by only a minority of patients so if you wish it enabled please speak to your doctor.
We now have a GP appointments and telephone advice appointments available to book online. If you are not already registered for SystmOnline for your repeat medication, please come to reception for a username and password.
Once you are registered click on the "SystmOnline" logo above to go to the website and follow the instructions from there.
You can download a free SystmOnline App for your iPhone or iPad or Android device.